Be Prepared to Start Your Engines

In every drawer in the studio I have tons of back- grounds waiting to evolve into finished art pieces. Most started out either as demos in class (usually several demos on top of each other) or experiments. If I am not in the mood to paint or have limited time, I create a background.

Periodically I sort through these looking for a background that wants desperately to be finished. Some will show up in my videos or become a sample in one of my books. Whatever trip it goes on it was made easier because I had a half finished piece to start with.

All mixed media artists know that you never throw out anything. You just throw more paint at it.

Comments

Unknown said…
I read your blog nicely and here is given nice about books so keep it up and know more about this click here.
Julie Filatoff said…
Darlene, congratulations on getting a shout-out from Donna Downey in her Inspiration Wednesday video yesterday: http://donnadowney.typepad.com/simply_me/2013/05/ins.html

Julie Filatoff

Popular Posts