Treasure Hunt

 I have a lot of found vintage pieces in my studio that usually find their way into a painting but, often, they make great casts. When I buy them at flea markets, junk stores or garage sales I try and think of all the ways I can use them. Here are some examples I made from things I had lying around. I have not gotten around to cleaning up the edges yet.

SUPPLIES
Found metal objects
Delight or Creative Paperclay®













So easy. Delight was pressed into vintage religious metal ornamentation. Because the metal pieces may end of in a painting, I will often make a silicone cast of it for the future.





 I love this vintage pin. The wings are so beautiful and were easy to cast. If I had wanted to use the whole pin, I would have made a silicone cast of it.


 A metal charm also makes a great cast.
Anything with wings
Metal frame cast will definitely go into a painting today!

Open your eyes to the possibilities around you!

Dream in Color!


Comments

andrea chiu said…

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us. Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com
Julia Walsh said…
I always like it when I can get more than one use from an object! This is a great idea and thanks for sharing it. What also makes good casts are cookie cutters-I have one made from ceramic with an angel imprinted in it.

Popular Posts