Easy Breezy Update with Creative Paperclay®

Found this funky frame and painting at a junk/antique store and could see the potential in it. You can find these frames everywhere and don't worry if they are not perfect because we can fix that with cast objects. There are basically three easy steps to change the look of the frame.

As a mixed media artist, the hunt for these treasures it part of the joy when I do a piece of art. The magic of art is the other part.

SUPPLIES

Creative Paperclay®
Black spray paint (Krylon)
Fondant molds
E6000 glue








I have a large collection of fondant molds as well as silicone molds that I have created. Depending on the piece of art or the time I have, I may leave the paper clay in the mold until it has dried. If a piece has delicate edges this is a great way for it to dry. It also prevents warping. I keep a square of linoleum in my studio that I put my "wet" cast objects to dry. They tend not warp when I put them on the linoleum.







Next, I glued the cast pieces on to the frame with E6000. I like how fast it sets up. When working on a painting there is so much waiting time for paint or clay to dry. To spray the frame, I used a Krylon matte black.











 Close up of section of the painted frame with cast objects.















Finished painting collaged with part of the original painting an placed in the updated frame. Not only fun but looks so much better than the original. Now, wasn't that easy?

Dream in Color!




















Comments

Anonymous said…

the loan company
that grants me a loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors have neglected my offer but mr benjamin lee granted me a success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project in terms of investment. They provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can help you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: Also 247officedept@gmail.com or Write on whatsapp Number on +1-(989-394-3740)

Popular Posts