Creative Paperclay® Decorations

I wanted to make party decorations for a friend for either her gift ornaments or for the place settings.  I started by casting baby heads and shells from my collection of silicone molds. I only wanted partial baby faces so after casting I tore the top of the heads off. Am I cruel or what? Next, I let them dry overnight.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Gold Paint
Adhesive size
Holographic foil
E6000 glue








When the cast shapes were dry, I glued them together with E6000. I could have glued them together with a piece of clay but, as usual, I was in a hurry and E6000 sets quickly.




















After painting them a matte gold acrylic by Holbein and letting the paint dry, I applied the adhesive size. This is a special glue made for metal leaf and foils. It goes on white and when it becomes clear, it is tacky and ready for the foil application. I prefer Wunda Size as it is water soluble.














The holographic foil is then rubbed on to the tacky adhesive size. This is then lifted off. Because it has a very thin layer of plastic over it, the foil not used will remain attached to the plastic.

My apologies that this is so hard to photograph In person it looks great.

I get my holographic foils at Royal Design Studio. They have a great range of holographic and regular foils plus you can order it by the foot, yard or roll.

Comments

Popular Posts