Hand in the Garden of Delight®



I  am loving playing with Delight® and have made some very cool discoveries. Gather your supplies and join me on this art adventure.

SUPPLIES
Delight®
Hand shape (cut out of cardboard or a sheet of Delight®)
Acrylic paint
Texture tools (stamps
pattern tracer, etc.)

I had these hand shapes die cut for another project but thought I would try it with Delight. You can use a shaped panel or you can cut your hand shape out of cardboard or a sheet of Delight®.
I started by applying Delight® to my hand shape then brayering it flat. Then I embossed the surface with different stamps to give it texture. 

Next I brayered (rolled flat) the clay and made sheets of Delight® which I was able to cut into shapes. 











I molded a heart that I was actually just using for the border and shape. Next leaf shapes were cut out of the sheet and applied them to the surface. I took my tracing wheel to make the dotted center of the leaves. It also indented the leaf shape. I will definitely be doing more projects using the Delight® paper. 

After adding more leaves, a new center for the heart shape, I painted the hand shape. Then I applied vintage millinery flowers and some pearls to add more depth. With a hanger on the back, it can be hung in small places like the kitchen, bathroom or by your entry.

I will be trying this again but with different colors.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy
www.darleneoliviamcelroy.com

Comments

Popular Posts