Grunge Surface Tip with Creative Paperclay

 As a fine artist I am always trying to find ways to add texture to my art and usually practice on one of the many old pieces of art that are laying around the studio. I love the grunge line quality I got and the results even surprised me.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Acrylic paint
Wax paper
Brayer
Painted Panel (old)
 Matte medium
 
I started by mixing a navy blue acrylic paint into a slurry of Creative Paperclay® with my palette knife until it was well mixed. Since my surface was mainly orange and brown I decided to make my slurry color a cool color.









I roughly spread the colored slurry onto an old painting (on a panel) then laid wax paper over it and brayered it flat. I left the wax paper on until the slurry was almost dry then I made lines by scraping with my finger nail (because I am lazy). Finished it with a coat of matte medium. I will definitely be using this technique in a painting soon.

Darlene Olivia McElroy

Comments

Popular Posts